Your doctor may prescribe a course of treatment which will continue for some time, in which case there will be a form attached to your prescription listing the medicines you are able to repeat each month. Please use this list to request repeat prescriptions. Please allow at least 2 working days for your request to be processed. There are occasions where we may need to order your medicine, which may result in some delay.
Please do not request repeat prescriptions by telephone. Our staff are not allowed to take requests by this means as verbal requests can often result in mistakes being made.
How do I request my repeat prescriptions?
- Online Via Patient Access - register now to order repeat prescriptions 24 hours a day using our online system, Patient Access. A registration form can be collected from reception, please come into the surgery with some photo ID in order for us to register you. Once registered, click on Online Services here or on the home or online services pages to access the services offered by the system including the repeat prescription service.
- Online Via Secure Local Form - the current local secure ordering form is available at this link: WHMP Secure Prescription Form. It duplicates the repeat prescription ordering capability now available on Patient Access and will eventually be replaced by the Patient Access repeat prescription ordering form at a date to be announced.
- By e-mail - our address for repeat prescriptions is Whitehorse.firstname.lastname@example.org (Please be aware that normal email is not secure.)
- By post - just tick the items you need on your repeat prescription request, and send it to us.
- By calling in to the surgery - there is a post box just outside the entrance door which is regularly checked for post and requests and a repeat prescriptions box at the dispensary. If you do not have your repeat prescription slip which came with your medicine, you can fill in a form from the dispensary.
- By fax - send your faxed requests to 01367 245401.
Via the Post Office - we offer a village collection and delivery service at Kingston Bagpuize, Uffington, and Stanford in the Vale Post Offices. Please speak to the dispensary about this service. All prescription requests for delivery to the post office should be clearly marked with the destination of your choice. Medicines sent to post offices must be collected as soon as possible. The post offices do not have the space to store prescriptions and those not collected after one week will be sent back to the Practice.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.